Recipes for Homemade Holiday Doggy Treats
- Gourmutt Holiday Peanut Butter Treats – This simple recipe sounds dog-gone good! You’ll need molasses, natural peanut butter and oil! There is also another recipe for Christmas Carob Mint Dog Cookies too!
- Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats – This top-rated recipe calls for canned pumpkin, peanut butter and ground cinnamon.
- Peanut Butter Slice and Bake Biscuits – Besides smooth peanut butter, this recipe also calls for whole wheat flour, molasses, wheat germ and shredded dried beef for the topping.
- Holiday Peanut Butter Bites – Speaking of peanut butter…
- Christmas Cheese-a-licious Cookies – You’ll need low-fat Cheddar cheese, low-fat cottage cheese, whole wheat flour and canola oil. I’d skip the nuts since some nuts can cause serious upsets in pets.
- Homemade Dog Biscuits – This recipe, from Martha Stewart, has gotten some hair-raising reviews! You’ll need wheat germ, brewer’s yeast, low-sodium chicken stock and all-purpose flour for this one.
- Dog Christmas Cake Recipe – This recipe calls for wheat germ, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, molasses, canola oil, vanilla extract, an apple and 2 eggs.
- Christmas Dog Treats – Just in case Fido is watching his waistline, this minty recipe is low in fat and low in calories! You’ll need whole wheat and unbleached flour, oats, bran, dry milk, dry yeast, spearmint leaves or peppermint extract, applesauce, spinach powder or green food coloring.
- Gingerbread Bones – You’ll need all-purpose and whole wheat flour, molasses, canola oil and ginger, cinnamon and cloves for this recipe.