Betty White has been a lover to all animals for her entire life…
Betty hasn’t met an animal she did not like. A Capricorn trait.
Betty’s personal sponsorship of more than 30 animal health studies through Morris Animal Foundation has improved health for dogs, cats, horses and wildlife. Her sponsorship helped lead to
- Major breakthroughs in postsurgical pain management for dogs, cats and horses
- New information into the genetic mutations that cause bone cancer in dogs
- Insight into diagnosing congestive heart failure in dogs and preventing blood clots in cats with heart disease
- Identification of genetic mutations for equine diseases and development of genetic tests for common diseases affecting horses
- Launch of a major canine cancer campaign to fund research into preventing and treating cancer in dogs
- Increased legal protection for sea otters in California and the establishment of a research program focused on reducing sea otter mortality
- Establishment of the Betty White Wildlife Fund, which provides wildlife researchers timely monetary aid to respond to unexpected events—such as natural disasters and emerging diseases. In 2013, this fund supported an investigation of a sudden die-off of sea lions off the coast of Southern California.